Monday, June 9, 2014

Song of the Week #1

Today I want to introduce my first choice for Song of the Week!

Artist: Kenichiro Nishihara feat. Substantial
Title: Rise Son
Genre: Jazz & Hip-Hop fusion

It's just barely starting to feel like summer where I live which means I don't have to worry about carrying a sweater with me everywhere I go.

It means walking barefoot in the grass and wearing my jean short shorts.

Most importantly, it means driving with the windows down -- this song from Kenichiro Nishihara and Substantial is definitely one to play in the car on a sunny day. 


Substantial's smooth and confident hip-hop vocals are layered over Kenichiro Nishihara's jazzy instrumental to create a track that simply radiates positivity. If you're a fan of the late DJ/producer Nujabes, you'll definitely love this song! I know I'll be keeping it on repeat all summer. :)


More Kenichiro Nishihara! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns? Praise? Let me know!