Thursday, October 11, 2012

05. Entering the Home Stretch

It's Friday again. If you asked me where this week went, I probably wouldn't be able to tell you. All I know that it was a blur of midterms, group projects and 4 hour long marathon-style lectures. Although the weekend is technically here I still have a Saturday morning class to suffer through tomorrow.

Many people who ask me about my class schedule have heard me complain about my six-days-a-week class schedule, but I'm thankful for the experience because it's something I would never be able to experience in America. Maybe this schedule is unique to International Christian University, but I'm not quite sure. I remember when came to Japan on exchange in high school I was surprised that high school students regularly had to attend a half-day on Saturdays, so it seems like it might be a common practice. The plus side is that this class will give me credit towards my International Relations certificate at my home university, and I will have only attended a dozen classes (albeit 4 hours long each) at the end of the trimester. 

Now that this week is over we've officially entered into the final few weeks of the Autumn term. It's passed by so quickly.  My friends have planned a picnic in Shibuya this weekend, but other than that I don't have much planned aside from just taking it easy, doing some exploring by bike, and maybe checking out a new cafe near the station. Should be fun!

じゃ、また。

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns? Praise? Let me know!